Seville Car Rental
Seville car rentals are the number one choice for travelers relishing comfort and independence during their rides. Verily, the city’s public transit network is efficient. On the other hand, Seville taxis are circulating the city providing fast and somewhat affordable (at least in comparison with other European cities) services. Still, opting for a car rental in Seville comes with many advantages; autonomy is certainly the key benefit. Moreover, Seville car rentals can save you money (the exclusive use of taxis for all rides during your stay in Seville will add a considerable cost to your budget) and will, without a doubt, save you a lot of hassle.
Do you Need a Car in Seville Spain?
If you are planning on just wandering in the city center -exploring the various Seville attractions- you shouldn’t opt for a rental car. The historical center of Sevilla consists of narrow streets and isn’t easy to maneuver around. What’s more, parking is a hard task as well, and you’ll have to face traffic jams if traveling during rush hours. In contrast, you’ll appreciate every minute spent in your Seville car rental if you intend on exploring the surrounding Andalusian countryside or even heading to other Spanish cities lying within a relatively short distance. Indeed, nothing can be compared to the independence guaranteed with a rental car; you can drive wherever you want to, whenever you feel like it, and reach regions inaccessible otherwise.
How to Rent a Car in Seville?
If you want to make your Seville car renting experience a 100% success story, you’ll have to do thorough research before settling on your final choice. Various car hire providers operate in Seville. International agencies and local companies offer quality services, while their prices are almost forced to be competitive. After coming to a conclusion, you should enter the company’s website and fill out the booking form. If you want to add any extra amenities, this should be the right time. Once completing the booking process, you’ll receive a confirmation email. This will probably be the voucher for your reservation.
How Difficult is it to Rent a Car in Spain?
Booking your car rental in Seville is an easy task. The alternatives are numerous. Thus, finding the ideal car rental for you is an utterly doable option. Nevertheless, the following tips will make your choice even easier:
- Early-bird reservations are always advisable. Thus, the sooner you book your car rental, the lower prices and the more car types you’ll find.
- If you can’t make up your mind, you can always check previous customers’ reviews regarding the car rental agency and/or a particular car model.
- Before leaving the pick-up location with your Seville car rental, you should take some pics to capture existing damages.
- It is recommended to plan the return of your rental car wisely. Car hire companies charge per 24 hours. Hence, you should drop off the vehicle on time to avoid getting charged for an extra day.
- The fuel-to-fuel policy is always advisable. Indeed, car rental companies in Seville usually overcharge fuel.
- A GPS will be proven handy, especially when driving in downtown Seville. Still, extra amenities (GPS, additional driver, child seats, luggage racks, etc.) will raise the final cost of your rental.
- One-way car rentals are a provided option by most Seville car rental companies. However, the agencies usually charge an extra fee.
What Paperwork do I Need to Hire a Car in Spain?
You’ll have to hand over some documents to rent a car in Seville. Hence, you’ll be asked to show an at-least-two-year driver’s license (in the main driver’s name), an ID or passport, and a credit card ( the main driver’s name must coincide with the cardholder’s name). Some car hire providers may accept debit cards as well. In that case, however, they will withdraw the entire car hire fare and not only a sum as a guarantee. If your country of origin is outside the EU, you may have to issue an International Driving Permit as well.
How Old do you Have to Be to Rent a Car in Seville?
You’ll have to be at least 21 years old to rent a car in Seville. Moreover, you must have held your driver’s license for at least two years. However, higher age limits are often set for luxury models, while young drivers usually pay an additional fee. Please note that travelers with a US driver’s license must be at least 18 years of age.
Where to Rent a Car in Seville?
In general terms, airport car rentals are costlier than vehicles hired from another location. Hence, you should pick up your Seville car rental from a car hire company’s desk located in Seville. The Central Train Station (Santa Justa Station) is one of the most popular car rental locations. Still, various other car hire points are to be found around the city.
What is the Best Car Rental to Use?
Urban rides call for mini or medium vehicles. Verily, streets are narrow, and driving can be challenging even with a mini car, let alone a larger vehicle. Hence, Fiat 500 and Ford Focus are two of the most popular car models. Alternatively, if you are planning on discovering the picturesque countryside of Andalusia, you can opt for a spacious SUV.
How much Does a Rental Car Cost in Seville?
The prices of Seville car rentals range depending on the vehicle model, the rental duration, the time of the year, etc. Nevertheless, the average cost to rent a car in Seville is around 36.50€/40$ per day.
Is it Right Hand Drive in Seville?
Motorists in Seville drive on the right side of the road. Thus, all vehicles have their steering wheels on the left side, while overtaking is always on the left side.
What is the Speed Limit in Seville?
The speed limits are governmentally regulated. Still, if the road signs indicate otherwise, you are to follow the signage’s instructions. In any case, you can drive with an up-to-120 km/h(75mph) speed on motorways, an up-to-100km/h(62mph) speed on one-way roads or roads with dual lines, and an up-to-90km/h(56mph) speed on other standard roads. Finally, the speed limit in urban areas is 50km/h(31mph).
Do Rental Cars Need Full Insurance?
All Seville car rental companies provide an insurance package. Still, each agency’s coverage varies. Overall, it is advisable to opt for the full insurance package to be on the safe side in case of damage or accident. On the other hand, some credit cards provide such services. Hence, you should check if one of your bank cards offers car rental insurance coverage and use it.
Where can I Park my Car in Seville Spain?
Street parking in downtown Seville is almost out of the question, whereas free street parking is a “mission impossible”. As a matter of fact, street parking is paid even in regions outside the city center. Thus, if searching for parking options downtown, you should settle on one of the underground car parks lying in the area, whereas free parking lots are to be found on the outskirts.
Useful Info About Rental Cars in Seville
- You should at all times respect the traffic laws. In case you get fined, the car rental company will charge your credit card or send the fine added to the shipping fees.
- The car’s documents should be kept inside the vehicle.
- Overall, roads get congested only in Seville city center. That being said, traffic jams in the surrounding areas aren’t a common reality. Anyhow, you should avoid driving downtown during rush hours, that is, from 07:30 am to 09:00 am, from 02:00 pm to 03:00 pm, and from 06:00 pm to 08:00 pm.
- Driving downtown with your car rental can be tedious due to the narrow streets, the various traffic restrictions, and the numerous one-way roads. Hence, a GPS is usually proven handy during those rides.
- Most roads around Seville aren’t toll roads. Toll roads are marked with the letter “P”.
- Seatbelts are obligatory for all passengers.
- The alcohol limit is 0.05%.
- The emergency phone number is 112.
- Children younger than 12 or shorter than 1.35cm/4.4ft must be seated in child seats.