Why Take a Seville Airport Taxi
Although Seville’s public transit system is efficient, only buses link SVQ Airport to various parts of the city. Hence, travelers, who wish to reach their journey’s end in comfort, usually opt for a taxi ride. Verily, the “time-tested” taxi solution is one of the most popular ways to travel from Seville Airport. So, why do most passengers settle on a Seville airport taxi to get to their final destination?
- Because of their availability. Seville airport taxis are always present at SVQ Airport, queuing up at the official taxi rank.
- Because of their convenience. Airport taxis provide door-to-door services. Thus, no matter where you are heading, you can expect to get dropped off at the exact location of your destination.
- Because of their safety. In general terms, Seville airport taxis are trustworthy. Despite the few reported scamming incidents, they offer safe journeys from the airport, with well-maintained vehicles. As far as your personal belongings are concerned, during a taxi ride, they will be safely stored in the cab’s trunk and not exposed (as during bus rides).
- Because of their comfort. After landing at Sevilla Airport, you’ll have to collect your luggage, head to the taxi rank, and catch a cab. It’s as simple as that. By contrast, if choosing to take the bus to Seville, you’ll have to get to the bus stop, wait for the next bus, alight at the right stop, and navigate to your accommodation from that point. Moreover, during peak hours, buses tend to get congested, making rides even more tedious.
Seville Airport Taxi Fares and Prices
Seville taxis are metered. As a matter of fact, their fares are governmentally regulated, divided into 3 categories depending on the time of the day and the day of the week. Nevertheless, the 18-minute Seville airport taxi rides to the city of Seville (to all areas inside the inner ring road) come with a fixed price. In detail, three different fares apply to airport rides to Seville.
Rate 4 is the one applied from Monday to Friday, from 07:00 am to 09:00 pm. During that time, airport taxi rides to Seville cost 24.98€/27.30$. On the other hand, Rate 5 is for journeys from 09:00 pm to 07:00 am on weekdays and for trips during weekends and public holidays. In that case, taxi rides from Seville Airport are priced at 27.84€/30.41$. Journeys during special days are differently charged. Thus, during the Holy Week, trips from 07:00 am to 09:00 pm are charged at 27.84€/30.41$, whereas rides from 09:00 pm to 07:00 am at 34.79€/38$ (Rate 9). During Fair April, Rate 5 (27.84€/30.41$) applies from 07:00 am to 08:00 pm, and Rate 9 (34.79€/38$) from 08:00 pm to 07:00 am. Finally, on December 24 and 31, Rate 5 (27.84€/30.41$,) is also applicable.
To sum up, the fares for Seville airport taxis to Seville are:
|Time of the Day||Rate 4 (24.98€/27.30$)||Rate 5 (27.84€/30.41$)||Rate 9 (34.79€/38$)|
|Weekdays (07:00 am- 09:00 pm)||✓|
|Weekdays (09:00 pm-07:00 am)||✓|
|Holy Week (07:00 am-09:00 pm)||✓|
|Holy Week (09:00 pm-07:00 am)||✓|
|Fair April (07:00 am-08:00 pm)||✓|
|Fair April (08:00 pm-07:00 am)||✓|
Please note that extra charges don’t apply to airport rides. Luggage, rides from and to Santa Justa Station, etc. don’t bring additional fees. Conversely, if you call for your taxi, you’ll pay an extra fee, equivalent to the taximeter’s indication at the pick-up point. Thus, taxi drivers turn on the taximeter once receiving and accepting the call. Still, the maximum charge can’t exceed the minimum fare for the particular ride.
Seville Airport Taxi Rides to Other Destinations
Airport taxi rides to other destinations besides Seville are charged as intercity journeys. Therefore, Rates 7 and 8 apply in those cases. Thus, Rate 7 applies from 06:00 am to 10:00 pm on weekdays, and Rate 8 during weekends and holidays, and on weekdays from 10:00 pm to 06:00 am.
The Rate 7 charges are:
- Initial charge: 3.27€/3.57$
- Cost per km: 0.63€/0.69$
- One hour of waiting time: 15.67€/17.12$
The Rate 8 charges are:
- Initial charge: 1.63€/1.78$
- Cost per km: 0.75€/0.82$
- One hour of waiting time: 18.83€/20.57$
Seville Airport Taxi Fees to Popular Destinations
As already mentioned, rides from Seville airport to Seville are set-priced. Further down, you can check the average cost of a Seville airport taxi ride to several of the most popular area’s destinations:
|From||To||Price (€)||Price ($)||Duration|
|Seville Airport||Seville City Center||24.98||27.30||18 min|
|Seville Airport||Santa Justa Station||24.98||27.30||15 min|
|Seville Airport||Cadiz||170||185.70||90 min|
|Seville Airport||Cordova||180||196.50||100 min|
Where is the Taxi Rank at Sevilla Airport?
The official airport taxi rank is located right opposite the terminal building, on the Arrivals level (Ground floor). Hence, as soon as you exit the terminal’s doors, you’ll spot the Seville airport taxis queuing up at the taxi stand. It is crucial to catch your cab from the taxi rank, as individual drivers who may approach you at the airport are most probably going to try to scam you.
Airport Taxi from Seville Airport to Hotel
The most comfortable way to travel from Seville Airport to your hotel in the city center is by catching an airport taxi. Available around the clock, Seville airport taxis offer reliable and fast services. SVQ Airport lies close to downtown Seville, at a 10-km/6-mile distance. Hence, although taxis are much costlier than public transit modes, their journey is short and overall affordable. Still, if you want to save money on your travel expenses, you should check if your hotel offers free airport shuttle services. Only a few Seville hotels offer that option. Still, you should give it a shot!
Seville Airport Taxi Tips
- Official Seville airport taxis are white and have a yellow diagonal stripe and the city’s shield on their back door. On the opposite door, they display their license number, while their rates must also be posted. What’s more, airport taxis have the “Taxi” light on their roof and are equipped with a taximeter.
- The taximeter must be zeroed and on once the passenger enters the vehicle. Moreover, it must be set to the right rate.
- You should always ask for a receipt at the end of the ride and keep it safe. It will be proven handy in case of forgotten items inside the cab or if you want to file an official complaint.
- Some scamming incidents have been reported to take place at Sevilla Airport. That being said, you should always take your cab from the taxi rank.
- High traffic levels (from 07:30 am to 09:00 am, from 02:00 pm to 03:00 pm, and from 06:00 pm to 08:00 pm during weekdays) only affect the duration of the ride and not its cost, as prices are fixed.
- You don’t have to tip the driver. Still, locals round up the fare when the ride is pleasant.
- Theoretically, you can pay in cash or via a bank card for your ride. However, many drivers don’t have POS or claim that it is out of operation to get paid in cash.
- If you are planning on using cash as a payment method, it is advisable to carry small bills with you.
- Many Seville airport taxi drivers don’t speak English fluently.
Is it easy to get a taxi from Seville Airport?
Seville airport taxis are always present at the airport taxi stand, located right outside the terminal’s Ground floor. Hence, as soon as you exit the Arrivals door, you’ll find the taxi rank, and you’ll easily catch a cab from that point. Alternatively, you can call your cab. Still, you’ll have to pay the extra fee for the driver’s ride to the pick-up location.
How much to tip my taxi driver in Seville Airport?
Tipping the taxi driver isn’t obligatory. Thus, you don’t have to leave a tip. Still, if you are pleased with the provided services, you’ll be more than welcome to tip the Seville airport taxi driver or simply round up the final fare.
How much is taxi from Seville Airport to city center?
Prices for the ride from Seville Airport to city center are fixed. Still, they vary depending on the time of the day and the day of the week. Thus, from Monday to Friday, from 07:00 am to 09:00 pm, the taxi journey is priced at 24.98€/27.30$, whereas from 09:00 am to 07:00 am and during weekends and public holidays, the cost rises to 27.84€/30.41$.